Monday, July 1, 2013

Everywhere.

For me, I have found that one indicator that the Spirit is guiding me is when I am not stressed out about something that I would normally stress about.

A couple of weeks ago, when I was nearing a complete meltdown because of how far behind I was working on our house and trying to get ready to move while John was studying for boards, I found myself outside, thinking about how I hadn't felt like my prayers had been very effective lately, and how so many people doubt Heavenly Father's existence and love. And looking at everything around me, I felt a peace so strong that it was like a big, comforting hug. Everywhere I looked, I just felt like His presence was there. He created it. He knows who and how and where I am. He hears and cares and answers. His Spirit was there with me and is everywhere He is invited in.

Moments like this are why, no matter what things I may not understand or the world may misinterpret and deride, I can never deny the knowledge that God lives, and that He has a plan that is better than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment