Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cleaving unto God.

I have loved this verse for some time:

"Wherefore...repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended toward you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts."  -Jacob 6:5

I love the idea of God cleaving to us, and that meaning has expanded for me as a mom. I imagine how much I love to hold Ethan and Caleb close--to calm their hurts and fears, to teach them new things, to keep them safe. And they cleave to me; they run to me with their hurts and their frustrations, their wants and needs, and I am always happy that they do so. This is the kind of relationship I can have with my Heavenly Father. In order to obtain, I have to follow the instruction to become as a little child, "submissive, meek, humble, patient, easy to be entreated," etc etc.  It is so wonderful and comforting and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment