Monday, April 7, 2014

A Portion of that Spirit

I love how new things can strike me each time I read the scriptures, no matter that I've lost track of how many times I've read this portion of the Book of Mormon. Today I was really struck by how Ammon describes the gift and power of the Holy Ghost that he had as a missionary:

I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true;

 And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God.

-Alma 18:34-35

I do remember regularly that I have the Gift of the Holy Ghost and recognize it as it guides and teaches me, but it is so powerful to think that truly a portion of the Spirit of God dwells in me. I needn't be so sheepish about sharing what I know or acting on any good and uplifting thought that comes to me, because, as Ammon says, I have power according to those desires which are in God and according to my faith in Him. It is an amazing, amazing gift that I sadly take for granted more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment