Friday, December 21, 2012

Prayer: A time and a place

Tonight I am reading Joseph Smith-History. I have read it many times, and have recited parts of it more times than I can count. But tonight something new jumped out at me; I love that about the scriptures. 

I think it is notable how much care Joseph put into offering up his prayer. He set aside a special time and a special place where he felt he could be apart from the world and really communicate with God to receive an answer.

During this busy time in my life, and especially at this busy time of year, it is difficult for me to be alone at any time or place. My prayers are too often hurried or drowsy or even forgotten. How much power do I miss out on when I fail to create a sacred space--both in location and time--to communicate with my Father and receive answers from Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment